Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Enough

I get a lot of junk email, I think we all do. This is something that I recently came across while wading through my inbox. It came attached to a heart warming story about saying goodbye. I didn't feel the need to put the whole story here in my blog, but if you want to see it, you can find it here: http://www.bobperks.com/wish.htm

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much
bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

This story and blessing made me ask myself the question: Do I have enough?

I am one lucky woman, I feel blessed everyday to wake up with my husband who I just know I was meant to be with and to get to peak over the edge of my daughter's crib to see her bright brown eyes looking up at me and a playful smile on her face.
My answer to that question: I have more than enough and I will always want more. In the words of my beautiful daughter when faced with the last cookie in the bag, "one more Mommy, please, just one more!" One more day with everyone I love around me. One more day of sunshine before the rain comes. One more.

I think we have probably all come to the point when God has cut us off of the cookies. Sometimes I have a hard time enjoying the cookie I have because I know it might be the last one. To me this poem, forwarded from a chain email, is a reminder to savor that cookie you have. So though I may be looking forward to my next home, my next car, the next big step for my family, I am reminded to thank God for all of the abundant blessings that I have right here. I have enough. I hope that you are able to ask yourself that same question and be lucky enough to share my answer.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I like it.

Jessica aka Mommy said...

I needed this posted!! Thank you! It is hard sometimes when you think you want more to look around you and see how truly blessed you really are.

Anonymous said...

I like it too.

Gramma S said...

This post is EXACTLY why we are so blessed to have you as a DIL!!