Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Awesome


I stumbled upon this blog today and I couldn't help but smile as I skimmed through the entries, so I wanted to post it here. Though it is kind of annoying that every other post is an advertisement for the book, a lot of these "Awesome things" were really awesome things that I never given much thought to. Check this out if you need a little pick me up: http://1000awesomethings.com/


In the spirit of awesome things I will add a couple of my own...

#1 Sweet Soft Baby Skin! It doesn't matter to me if my baby is freshly bathed or post dinner sporting the distinct smell of baked beans, there is nothing that compares to the feel of a baby's sweet mushy skin up against mine. When I was pregnant with Leila I remember thinking about baby skin and feeling giddy at the very idea that I would soon have my own baby skin to snuggle!
I am clenching my jaw right now just thinking about the adorably mush and smooth baby body I have sleeping in the next room. I kinda wanna go pick her up and mush her cheeks. Oh sweet baby skin.

#2 The evening after a long anticipated day. I am talking a family wedding, a big birthday party, or a Holiday celebration. The awesomeness of being done with the work, the party preparations and the socializing. I do like to entertain, but I am an introvert through and through so every big event leaves me exhausted.

Bonus to the evening after a long day would be a husband provided foot rub. Double awesomeness.

#3 Getting the piece of food that was once stuck between your teeth free!

2 comments:

whoaitstheresa said...

I love this website! It's a favorite of mine and brightens my day :)

Colleen said...

Thanks for the link. I found myself reading them and saying, "Oh, I love that, too!" I completely agree with your additions as well, and would like to add being able to have an uninterrupted night of sleep when you are a parent.