Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mabel

I am a lucky aunt for sure. I have been for about 2 and a half years now, and I just got a little luckier. I now have another beautiful niece, one who reminds me an awful lot of my little Leila when she was a baby.

I have to say that it is a little bitter sweet to know that that sweet little angel is hours away, but just looking at the pictures hurts because she is so stinking cute. I am amazed to think of my baby brother as a DADDY, but with the examples he has had in his life, I am sure he will be great. As close as the Howard family is, it feels so strange to have pieces of us far away, and going through such huge life milestones without us to support them. I hope and pray that Clay, Rebekah and Mabel know, the words of a cheesy novelty T-shirt I once saw in a drugstore in Tabor, "Someone in Iowa Loves You."


0 comments: