Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Arizona

So Cory and I took a quick trip to Arizona for work. It was outside of my comfort zone, so I had a stomach ache for most of the trip, but I still really enjoyed seeing something different. I made a few observations about Scottsdale. First of all, it is an awesome place to shop. Secondly, everyone there has lots of money. We saw tons of high end cars that we rarely see, especially in such high numbers, here. Bentleys, Porsches and Ferraris were everywhere. Thirdly, Everyone in Scottsdale has a tan, and for two whole days, I got to be the fattest person in eye shot. It was kind of unnerving, but Cory was able to point out to me that we saw a person in the mall that was fatter than me. That was comforting.









The terrain in Arizona was definitely worth the trip, but I am glad to be back in the land of the corn-fed, where I am not the fattest one in the crowd.

3 comments:

Turley Times said...

One of Steve's old coworkers used to live in Scottsdale, and he dubbed it "Snobsdale." We got to go to Phoenix a couple times for Steve's work and I felt the same way...a nice place to visit, but I like Iowa a lot better.

Hannah

Tricia said...

Snobsdale is a totally appropriate name.

Colleen said...

I have family down around the Phoenix area and we'd go down every few years when I was little. Your post got me to thinking about my family there and they are all sticks. I think it's because they sweat themselves thin; it's freaking hot there!