Monday, July 20, 2009

Housing

Since we don't really have enough going on in our lives right now, Cory and I have decided to take the plunge and sell our house so we can move on to something that suits our family a little better. We love our neighborhood, and we love a lot of the things about our house, but there are also a lot of things about this house we don't love...the big one being only 2 bedrooms on the main level.

We have a lot of work ahead of us. I have kind of started the process by going through the house and starting to eliminate the clutter. I hate clutter anyway, so I am actually really enjoying this part. I have boxes of stuff ready to take to consignment and I can't wait to be free of it. I already feel lighter! :)

The next part of the process is what I am not looking forward too...painting. Ick. And we have a lot of it to do. I am afraid this process is going to take longer than I anticipated, but our intention is to list our house and start the process to purchase a lot in the subdivision we have been eyeing for some time now, and begin the process of building our hopefully forever home. So we may end up in a real bind having to try to sell this house before we can close on a new house, or we may end up in a different bind if we sell this house and need to get out of it before our other house is done. I am really hoping that scenario 2 is the problem we run in to, if we have a problem. Wish us luck as we start this process, I have a feeling that it will be causing me a lot of extra anxiety, but I have been thinking and praying on this for a long time, and I feel comfortable that this is right for us. Now I am really hoping we can afford to build the house we want!

3 comments:

Jessica aka Mommy said...

Good luck! We want to build too...Once you start you will have to post pics of the progress.

Always, Laura said...

How great!! Good luck! Austin and I plan on building but not for another 5-10 years.

Tabe Jean said...

Good Luck! That is so exciting..