Sunday, July 12, 2009

It takes a village

I haven't ever read that book, though if the Coralville library has it on CD, I will probably give it a listen one of these days. The village I am referring to is the Howard Family babysitting network.

I have been back at work for about 6 weeks now...and so far I have had my wonderful sister Andrea watching my babies for one full work day, along with her countless other contributions, like driving me around to collect and drop off a rental car for my work trip last week. The Lovely Cassie has hurried home from her shifts to help watch the babes so I could take off for my trip, and she has been here to help Cory out with bedtime and dinner time when I couldn't be.
My mom has been sacrificing her own professional advancement and holding strong against pressure to work full time so that she can keep her "grandma day" and I can keep my manageable daycare costs and part time work.
If not for the support of my family, I would be spending half the time at home and paying double the cost for daycare.
I guess what I am trying to say here is, thank you. Thank you to my whole family for the sacrifices that you have made, and are making on behalf of me and my girls...I don't think there is any way that I could thank you enough for the gift of time with my kids. What a blessed life I lead.

0 comments: