Wednesday, September 16, 2009

6 Months!


The post is late, but I swear the picture is only one day past 6 months. We were traveling back from Tabor on Thea's half birthday, so we didn't get around to the picture until the next day.

I have been having a hard time dealing with my friend's passing, and it brings up lots of feelings and questions for me about the afterlife, and God and all of that business that tends to take over my mind and my life. On top of that, I have a cold or some other sort of nastiness. As much as it hurts, life goes on...there are no breaks or slow downs to catch your bearings when you have been thrown for a loop. Enough about me!

Thea is doing wonderfully...she is the sweetest happiest little thing! Today we took her for her 6 month check up. She weighed in at 21 lbs 11 ounces and is 27 inches long. 97%ile for height, off the chart for weight. I looked back at Leila's stats and she was 19 lbs at 6 months, so Thea has her beat in that contest. She is very mobile, she rolls all over the place and she is getting up on her hands and knees and rocking a bit...I think it is onl a matter of time before she takes off crawling, and I have to say that I am thankful she is such a chunk, I think the weight is slowing her down some. I am in no hurry for her to take off on me!
She is sitting up on her own really well and really enjoying her toys. I think her biggest source of joy would have to be her sister though. She gets so excited when Leila is near! I love to see their interactions and know how much they love each other.


This picture makes me laugh...Thea looks HUGE!

Thea's appointment was rounded out with shots for everyone...though Thea definitely got the worst end of it, we all got our flu shots together.



My friend Laura took Thea's picture's on her half birthday in Tabor, I will be sure to post some when I see them...I am sure they turned out great!

2 comments:

Jessica aka Mommy said...

that pic of the girls together is hilarious! cutie pies!!

Andrea said...

OMG! I laughed out-loud about that picture of the two of them! What adorable neices I have!