Sunday, January 03, 2010

2009

A Survey about 2009.  Stay tuned for my year in 10 pictures.  I have to give that one some more thought...

What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Natural Childbirth


Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I had to look back at my blog to see if I had made any...I try to choose themes, rather than concrete goals, since those never seem to work out right.  It seems I didn't have anything down for 2009.
For next year my focus will be on establishing a better routine for keeping my house in order, get Thea to sleep through the night, and then to start running again.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me.  And my good friend Amanda brought home her son that she adopted from South Korea.

Did anyone close to you die?


Vaike, my message board friend. I was touched by the passing of several people, though they were not close to me, and giving thanks for the mostly healthful year that my family has had.

 What countries did you visit?
Just this one.

 What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
A new house! :)

What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?

March 13th - When my Thea was born.  Though that date was already pretty well etched in 1986 when the twinnies were born.

What was your biggest achievement of this year?

Having a baby and managing to survive part time work and part time Stay at home Mom, with very little sleep.

What was your biggest failure?

Every day I go to bed wishing I had been a better mom, and lived in more moments.

Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing serious, thankfully.

What was the best thing you bought?

I can't really think of anything...I think the best thing I "got" that was free--library card.


Where did most your money go?


Childcare



What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Having a baby

What song will always remind you of 2009?

Hmmm...I would have to say "the Alex and Zuba song" from the Madagascar soundtrack...I have heard that song more times than I could possibly count during 2009, including Cory's drum rendition that always makes Leila squeal with delight.

Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

a. Happier....my family is complete (I think :))
b. thinner.  I was 7 months pregnant this time last year...plus the nursing diet always does me good!
c. Richer in spirit most definitely.

What do you wish you'd done more of?

hugging my babies

What do you wish you'd done less of?

worrying

How did you spend Christmas?

With family for the most part.  It was a great year for Leila and I loved seeing her excitement.

Did you fall in love with 2009?

I can honestly say I fall more in love with my husband nearly every day.
 
What was your favorite TV program?


The Office - Even though Micheal's stupidity makes me mildly uncomfortable...I still love it.  I still have the wedding episode saved on my DVR, if only I had the time to watch it again!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don't hate anyone, and I didn't last year, and I hope I don't this year either!

What was the best book you read?

Three Cups of Tea probably had the most lasting impact, but I most enjoyed the Birth Day Book that I posted about. 


What was your greatest musical discovery?

Tough one...I like music, I mostly listen to country but I don't think I discovered anything outstanding this year.

What did you want and get?

A healthy child
 

What did you want and not get?

A DSLR Camera - not that I could really expect someone to want to spend that kind of money on me...including myself :)

What was your favorite film of 2009?
I can only think of a few that I saw all year and nothing really sticks out for me. I guess I would say The Princess and the Frog.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and I worked that day.  I went to lunch with two good friends from work.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

The only thing that this year lacked for me was sleep and relaxation.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Personal fashion concept? HA! I had to buy some new pants for work. Some black, some gray.
I don't "get" fashion.

What kept you sane?
Undoubtedly, my husband, my mom and my sister Cassie.  They are always there for me when I need them.

What political issue stirred you the most?
2009 was a very political year I would say, but what stirred me the most was my realization that national politics are not worth the heartburn.  I am happy with my life, and I am trying to help others around me to ensure that they have what they need for their families as well.  I am making a effort to feel less partisan, and more human.

Who did you miss?
My Grandma.  It has been just over 2 years since she passed away, and not a single day has gone by that I haven't thought of her.  I miss her presence in my life, and it breaks my heart that she has never been able to hold my Thea Dalene.  I try hard to remember that she is with me in spirit and in the meantime, she is gabbing away at the family reunion in the sky and patiently waiting for us to join her.

Who was the best new person you met?
I can't think of anyone new that I have met in 2009...

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I have a hard time pinpointing something new.  I feel like I am reminded of important life lessons all the time, through my marriage, my job and my role as a parent.  I try to live my life every year with a few basic ideals in mind:
1. Family always comes first.
2. Whatever happens in my life, my faith will bring me through it.
3. Count your blessings, you never know what tomorrow may bring.

4.

1 comments:

Jessica aka Mommy said...

good post!! You are a great mother...