Friday, January 15, 2010

The hardest thing

When I think about what is difficult for me, or what has tested my physical and emotional strength I can come up with some answers.  Running a couple of miles, back when I could, really made me push myself physically.  Giving birth really made me push myself mentally.  But the hardest thing has got to be going to bed at night, trusting that my kids will wake up with me in the morning.  Taking them to daycare, knowing their smiling faces will greet me at the end of the day.  Going on a car ride, and trusting that we will reach our destination. Taking them to the doctor, knowing that whatever it is, it will run its course and everything will be fine.  Believing that everything will be fine.  That is the stuff that is really hard for me.

Those things are all a little harder for me this week, as I think of the mothers who have lost their children in an earthquake and suffered through survival. My head and my heart are overwhelmed with sadness for our neighbors across the world, who will go to sleep under the stars tonight, to avoid the dangers of their homes.  And for those who have lost their loved ones, their beloved children who they so bravely trusted to grow up in this world.

Look out your window, look up at those stars and think of all of those suffering under this same sky.  Say a prayer for their comfort, and if you have the means, please give to the relief efforts in Haiti.

Mommy day will hold some extra hugs for my precious children...I just wish I could take every child in this world and cuddle them up next to me and keep them safe and warm. 

John 14:1-4
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.


My only comfort is in knowing that for those that have passed on, their suffering is over.

0 comments: