Thursday, February 25, 2010

House stuff

Someday I am going to look back at this time in my blogging existence and be really annoyed that I didn't take and share more pictures. I do have some, but the camera hasn't gotten much love these days, and I have no idea where the card reader is. I have a habit of doing a last minute "clean" before we have a showing, and that cleaning consists of me throwing whatever clutter happens to be around into a Rubbermaid tub that then gets shoved in a closet. There are a lot of missing items that I am sure will someday be unearthed in a Rubbermaid tub.

So I haven't said anything because I really didn't want to jinx it. I still don't want to jinx it, and yet, here I go sharing....

We have accepted an offer on our house. The home inspection is complete, with only a few small known issues that we are going to take care of. No termites. We find out about Radon tomorrow, and all of the wheels are in motion for us to be out of this house on April 23rd. A date chosen by the buyer.

In the meantime, we have a lot. We will close on the lot on March 31st, and construction will begin April 1. We picked out a plan, and we are working on finalizing the details and getting a final price and contract in place.

Saturday morning Cory and I are going to look at an apartment that we would be able to lease on a short term basis (6 months, beginning in April). The apartment is 3 bedrooms and has a two car garage, so really, we aren't going to lose very much space, but we also aren't going to lose much of the monthly cost of living either. Though, given the short term nature of our needs, and the fact that it has three bedrooms, and that our dog is allowed to live with us makes that worth it. We will have a place for the summer that actually fits our family, and we will save money on not having to purchase more storage. Provided we get this lease, which I think we will.

So many blessings and so much good news makes me feel very fortunate, and also makes me worry about what bad thing is going to knock me to my knees. For now, I am basking in the good, and hoping that everything works as it should. September should find us all moved into our new forever (hopefully!) home.

1 comments:

Jessica aka Mommy said...

Congrats, Tricia! This is great news...I can't wait for updates on the new place!