Monday, September 27, 2010

neurosis overload

The old saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" is plaguing me. In typical fashion I have gotten myself really worked up, tried to get my mind in order and am now finally at the breaking point where I spew out all of my anxieties while attempting to infuse my post with humor so maybe it won't sound so pathetic to my two or three readers that bother to muddle through the stream of conscientiousness and run on sentences. The countdown is on. Three weeks until we can move into our new house. One week until I am a full time employee again, and our girls are full time daycare kids. Three weeks since I found myself in a constant state of stress that makes my stomach ache, my heart race, and my whole being a little bit terrified to leave this crappy apartment. I am "need a nap" tired about 90% of the time, and the only reasonable excuse I can come up with is that it takes a lot of energy to worry 24 hours a day. Yes, I know this isn't normal.

You would think I was prepping for a moon launch, or the dread equivalent of that little boy in that Disney commercial, "I'm too excited to sleep!"

"I'm too nervous to function!"

1 comments:

Colleen said...

Tylenol PM. It's my go-to when my neurosis sets in and I can't sleep. And then I get even more upset when my neurosis turns out to be for nothing. Everything will be fine in the end, it's just getting to the end that's the hard part. Here's hoping it gets easier for you!