Monday, October 19, 2009

The Man room, kind of...

This project has been brewing in my mind for quite some time. The house has long since been taken over by toys, and I really wanted to get my living room back to a state where maybe I could hide the toys well enough that the whole place didn't look like a playroom. In order to do that, I had to make room for toys elsewhere...I think you know where this is going. I felt a little bit bad, but honestly, I gave up any "woman room" I may have had a long time ago. (No kitchen comments, that is not a woman room.)

Here is a shot of the play area that we set up in the "man room." I made those pillows by recovering some old throw pillows in the style of a fleece tie blanket. Bright, colorful and soft. The toys were semi organized for about 15 seconds while I took this picture and then Leila promptly started dumping containers, and I tried to hold it together while all of my work was undone. :)




See, it isn't all kid room!! Daddy still has his sports stuff, big TV and recliner, as long as he doesn't look over his right shoulder, he can pretend he is in his old man room!

0 comments: