Sunday, August 22, 2010

Leila. Leila, Leila, Leila. The girl is seriously spooked about something, and I can't figure out where it came from. We are starting week 4 of serious crying and carrying on at bed time. She refuses to sleep in her own room. I have heard every excuse from; my bed isn't comfortable, my sheets aren't very pretty, I have bad dreams, I need a grown up to be able to sleep, your bed is more comfortable for me.
So after much crying, whining and carrying on, one of us will lay in bed with her until she falls asleep, only to find hours later that she has woke up and climbed into our bed. My first hint that she has arrived is usually an elbow or a foot to the face.
Thea is the only one getting any quality sleep around here. And I have to say, as much as I adore my big girl, it is getting very hard to be patient with her 24 hours a day with no break. Not even to sleep. Tonight I cuddled her in the chair and read her a book, and for awhile I was able to forget how crazy she is making me, because she is darn cute. But seriously, is this a phase that will pass (PLEASE GOD, TELL ME THIS WILL PASS) or should I be worried?

0 comments: