Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer time

Yesterday was the first day of school in Iowa City, and lots of other places where I have Facebook friends. I love seeing the first day of school pictures with tiny little kids, full of excitement and wearing their new clothes, standing on the front stoop wearing a backpack that would better fit a child twice their size. I remember my own first day of kindergarten picture. I am wearing a teal dress, standing on the front porch of our farm house in Tabor. It is hard to believe that this is the last year that the first day of school will be just another day for me. Next year, I will surely have Leila decked out in her favorite outfit...I am betting it will be a dress or skirt, and hopefully she will be grinning in excitement for her first day of Kindergarten. Time flies when you're having fun!

We have been making the most of our summer, and this week has been no different. We kicked off the weekend with a trip to the farmer's market and an afternoon at Kinnick Stadium for kids day.

It was very hot that day, but the girls were troopers for a long time...I am sure Grammy's diet coke helped...yeah, I know my baby is drinking is diet coke.





Can't get enough of this view...

0 comments: