Monday, August 09, 2010

Vacation

Last summer on our annual vacation to Warsaw, MO I spent the week lounging around the sweet cabin that we rented and taking care of my baby Thea. This year was lots of action. Aside from the day that we spent at the outlet mall in Osage Beach, every day was spent on the water. Uncle Randy brought his two Jetskis and we all spent out days floating, boating and jetskiing. It was a great time, but it was one that I am still recovering from!

The highlight of the trip for me was definitely just getting to spend time with my family. My sisters are all such wonderful women, and our families are awesome. I don't know how else to put it. My Morgan family that we rarely get to see, and my Howard family that we all miss from the days that we lived closer are just so much fun to be around. I spent way too many nights staying up later then I should and laughing with my family. I got up too early and was blinded by the bright morning sun coming in the giant picture windows, I got way too much sun but a great tan, I tried out the jetski for the first time, and the second, third, fourth...I kind of liked the jetski. I spent too much money but got some great new running shoes that I have yet to run in, I ate too much delicious food (gained 4 lbs :() and I had a blast.
I also got to mess around with Andrea's laptop and try some different effects with my pictures. This is one that Cory and I both really like of our baby Thea, who also had a great time.


The kids (And their parents) really loved having all of that time to spend with Grandma and Pop Pop. They definitely have a growing fan club. (Can you blame them?)



Thea discovered a love of watermelon.




Leila enjoyed lots of time in her favorite spot on the boat...right in the front!



I got to spend a week away from worries at work, with this guy. I like him.




And he got to play with the toy he wishes he owned.



And I got to take some pictures on our sunset cruise...but with all the beautiful sky, this was definitely my favorite shot.



Though these weren't so bad either...




All in all, a great trip, but totally exhausting, huh Sawyer?

1 comments:

Cheri said...

great vacation!